Design, cut shapes, machine and hand sew and maintain traditional sails for anything from a small dinghy to a round the world yacht. Learn modern sail making techniques on a Sailrite sewing machine along with hand stitching for emergency repairs and final finishing. It may be possible to make a sail for yourself, contact us to discuss it. Use of tools and cost of materials (unless you make a sail to take away with you) are included in the course fee.
Course content –
- Understanding sail fabrics and their applications.
- Basic hand stitching (Palm supplied)
- Sail repairs using Sailrite sewing machine.
- Spinnaker repairs using modern techniques and sewing machine.
- Floor cutting a sail, shaping of panels, seaming and finishing on Sailrite sewing machine.
- Fitting of hanks and final hand stitching. If time allows, construction of batten pockets etc.
Course Date: 12-16 February 2018
Course Fee: £625
If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would like to reserve a place on the course, please download the PDF form and send it, with your payment, to the address on the form.