Design, cut shapes, machine and hand sew and maintain traditional sails for anything from a small dinghy to a round the world yacht. Learn modern sail making techniques on a Sailrite sewing machine along with hand stitching for emergency repairs and final finishing. It may be possible to make a sail for yourself, contact us to discuss it. Use of tools and cost of materials (unless you make a sail to take away with you) are included in the course fee.
Course content –
- Understanding sail fabrics and their applications.
- Basic hand stitching (Palm supplied)
- Sail repairs using Sailrite sewing machine.
- Spinnaker repairs using modern techniques and sewing machine.
- Floor cutting a sail, shaping of panels, seaming and finishing on Sailrite sewing machine.
- Fitting of hanks and final hand stitching. If time allows, construction of batten pockets etc.
Course Date: Unfortunately the course is not running in 2019 but we hope to run it in 2020
If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would like to reserve a place on the course, please download the PDF form and send it, with your payment, to the address on the form.